Monday, April 13, 2009

The hiatus is finally over

To me, the past three years seem like an eternity. I only have faint memories of my last trip to the US, sometime during first half of 2006. Back then I was a young bloke, barely two years into my job, very excited about my second visit to the US, and had already made plans for the third. And this one was not to be a 3 months affair, it was for 3 years. Call it luck, or planning - everything fell in place one after the other, and I ended up lapping the then coveted H1B visa. But what followed was completely unexpected and least of all, totally un-welcomed.

Initially it was a race against time to get fit before I leave Indian shores; then it became a struggle against whatever was inside my body that the doctors couldn't find; but later on, it was a struggle with myself to keep the spirits high when all the chips were down.

But as they say "All's well that ends well" - here I am today, in US once again, slogging my ass off on this new assignment; still happy because I could make it!!

8 comments:

Puneet Parakh said...

hi Ankit.. All my Good Wishes for you mate...But I have a question: Does success means US of A? I think you coping up a battle is success and not your reaching USA again..

namisha balwani said...

or do u mean one staying in india can never make it big??

Ankit Agarwal said...

Coming to US seems like I 'did something' or succeeded because for the last few years a trip to US appeared to me like it was jinxed. Every time i planned one, sth [bad] happened. Am glad not because i could come to US or i get to work here, but because i could break the jinx!

Ankit Agarwal said...

@Namisha: dont worry i 'll make it big in India only ;)

Richa Bhattad said...

hello ankit......feeling really good that u could break the jinx. I always admire ur patience :-). All the very best!!

Ankit Agarwal said...

thanks richa :)

Anonymous said...

ankit

Anonymous said...

I will not agree on it. I over warm-hearted post. Specially the title attracted me to study the unscathed story.