Thursday, March 19, 2009

Welcoming Summer '09

Come summers, and everything brightens up - landscapes, blue skies, our clothes, and even our food [those deep fried dishes suddenly disappear from our plates]. So how could my personal space on internet, my blog, not brighten up. Ever since it was born, my blog wore a gorgeous black attire and it was time I gifted my baby with something to go with the season. This new look & feel [L&F] you see is what i finally got together for my blog.

Call it co-incidence or my luck, only today morning I was planning to change the L&F of my blog, but didn't know which template to pick [as templates on Blogger, are way too common, and most won't go with the feel I wanted], when I came across this very unique template. The moment I saw the template, I knew I have to have it for my blog.

But like always, things aren't as straight forward as they appear. As soon as I uploaded this template, wooooshh....all my widgets were gone :( Even though this website laid out exact steps I should have followed while changing the template, I went with the steps outlined by the template's author; and ended up in a soup. Took quite a bit of head banging, editing template's HTML/CSS and adding all the widgets all over again, before I could get my blog up and ready.

Though I am not yet fully satisfied with the L&F rite now, and over the next few days will continue to change a few things here and there, would really appreciate inputs from you guys. Let me know how the new L&F is, whether all the widgets are correctly placed, should I be adding any more widgets, in fact let me know just about anything that you feel about this new L&F and my blog in general. And, ya, all those of you who voted on the poll, request you all to re-cast your votes, as I have lost all previous data [thanks to the mis-configuration of the template]. Looking forward to your comments!!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

not lively as u :)

Anonymous said...

i agree.it is not lively nor is it bright but very dull and dead.doesnt appeal to me at all

Puneet Parakh said...

very slow to open in slow connection buddy!!